Rehoboth Beach Delaware is my kind of place, not too quiet like Bethany Beach, not too loud like Ocean City Maryland and it’s just a few minutes to Dewey Beach and Lewes Delaware! This plus it’s an Outlet Shoppers paradise all within 3 hours of the Washington DC Metro Area, Baltimore Metro and Philadelphia. Been visiting Rehoboth Beach for the last 14+ years or so and this is my take…
Family and Kids Stuff (Dogs too)
- Beaches from Before the Boardwalk to a Mile Past it! You could also go to Dewey Beach and watch some Skim Boarding but you’ll need a parking permit! The Permits you receive in Rehoboth are not valid in Dewey 🙁 plus it’s a $60+ fine… Lewes is a little too quiet to recommend. As far as I know, your Dog is allowed on Dewey Beach during the summer season at certain times and all times off season but you also need to get a license!
- Umbrella and Chair Rentals on the beach runs about $12 for umbrellas and $6 a chair. This is for all day, leave them and come back later. The Beach Boys will set up everything for you and remember, Beach Boys work for Tips.
- Funland in Rehoboth is where you’ll see as many kids enjoying themselves and crying cause it’s time to leave!
- Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk has plenty of places to eat, shop and play in…
I Eat Here
- Breakfast – All I can say is Breakfast is Better in Dewey! My pick is SUNRISE CAFE, a throw back diner kinda place and it delivers one of the best breakfast menus out there, you’ll leave ready for a nap. But there are plenty in Rehoboth as well, I’ve tried and really enjoyed the Corner Grill.
- Lunch/Dinner/Drinks – Favorites in Rehoboth include but not limited to, the Iguana Grill, The Frogg Pond, Nick’s (Get the Gyro Platter!), Go Fish, Matt’s Fish Camp (North Bethany) and Big Fish Grill ; I’ve been quite happy year after year supporting these establishments!
- The Bad – Places I now will AVOID currently includes Jake’s Seafood House, the Green Turtle, Sammy’s Kitchen and the breakfast Buffet at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center. Jake’s is celebrating their 25th year and I’ve been going to Jake’s for more than half that 25 and this year it was simply terrible! The Green Turtle probably reels in more tourists because of location but service is bad and the food is simply OK. Sammy’s Kitchen is working it’s way downward and the buffet at Atlantic Sands Hotel is just not good at all. I would skip these places 🙂