Fabulous, spicy, addictive dip/spread
Makes 2 cups
1-1/2 pounds roasted red peppers (roast them fresh or drain a jar of them, not in brine)
1-2 small hot roasted chiles, such as hot Hungarian or jalapeŇo (fresh or from a jar)
1-1/2 cups walnuts (lightly toasted is nice but not essential)
1 cup stoned wheat crackers (or whatever crackers or unflavored breadcrumbs are handy)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (from a specialty grocer or make your own by reducing a bottle of unsweetened pomegranate juice and towards the end, add a little sugar to make it syrupy)
1 teaspon ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until it’s a pleasantly spreadable/dippable consistency. You may need to add more olive oil to achieve the most desireable result.
Rick I could be wrong but it looks like you like spicy food. This is to
die for, so to speak.
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.funeria.com
Mexican Corn Bread Stuffing
"I love this recipe, it's my favorite! It has the most awesome flavor!"
1 cup butter
melted 1 cup white sugar
1 can regular corn (Drained)
6 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped (Depending on how spicy you want it, you can use less)
2 cups of shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in cream corn, jalapeno's and Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.
More Free Recipes:
- TANDORI CHICKEN
- WHITE CORN CHOWDER
- HUNGARIAN PORK ROAST
- CHICKEN WITH MARSALA MUSHROOM SAUCE
- CRISP-SIDED SALMON
- Cool Hamburger Recipes
- Smoked Oysters Wrapped in Bacon & Lamb Chops with Tzatziki Sauce
- Hot Artichoke Dip, Virginia Brunswick Stew and Bread Sticks
- Seafood Gumbo
- Fish and Chips
- Beef Brisket
- Bread Baking
- Chicken Fried Steaks
- Home Made Pet Treats
- Shrimp - Roasted Salmon
- Cornell Chicken
- Tortilla Soup and Burritos
- French Onion Soup
- Baked Halibut Steaks
- Muhammara Dip & Mexican Corn Bread Stuffing
Send in your Favourite